Sunday, August 12, 2012

Progress Update

Scott is still in the rehabilitation facility in Vallejo.  I was able to finally visit him yesterday after two weeks of being out of town and he has made great progress.  For the first time since his accident, he was actually initiating conversation rather than simply responding to my questions.  He looked bright, alert and focused and his voice was stronger than the mere whisper it was last time I saw him.

I did not see any of his therapy sessions, he had finished for the day already, but Jen tells me he is progressing well.  This week he was able to correctly identify the time on an analog clock and tie his own shoes.

He also had another first this week - he asked for Floyd.  He specifically asked, "Where's Poopie D?" which is what Jen and Scott called Floyd when he was a baby but do not call him that anymore.  Jennifer responded by asking Scott if he knew how old Floyd was now.  He thought about it and correctly answered "almost three." 

Today Jen is bringing Floyd to see his daddy for the first time since his accident four months ago.  Very exciting!

15 comments:

  1. Thanks, Penny, this makes us so happy! But I cannot even imagine how happy it is going to make Scott to finally see Floyd!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, tears in my eyes. Welcome back Scott, the first of all the good progress you will surely experience. I am so happy to hear this this morning. Good good news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, now that is some great news. We are all so glad to hear this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this all sounds fantastic! I'll bet it will do him good to see Floyd. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really Great, a very important milestone has been reached.
    Seeing Floyd will be such a motivator for Scott.
    Randy & Kyoungha

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great update I too am in tears!

    ReplyDelete
  7. excellent news!

    Last night Tom Sharpling of WFMU radio mentioned Scott, the blog and the medical fund on his show The Best Show. The mention is near the end of the show and archived here:
    http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/BS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for those wishing to cut to the chase it is at 167:55-171:46

      Delete
  8. This is great news.

    Floyd will be the best thing for Scott.

    ReplyDelete